Organising a Tech Conference – 1. An organiser’s diary
Post 1 of 15
I recently organised the ECIS International Technology Conference at the Bavarian International School in Munich, Germany. The event was a success with over 220 tech professionals joining from over 75 organisations around the world.
Photo credit: Sebastian Stiphout © 2015
While the whole process has been extremely rewarding, it has also been a very demanding one. In this series of blog posts, I outline what needed to be done in order for the conference to be a success, and also what we wish we had done better. This series will be useful to anyone who wishes to organise a large-scale international event or to delegates who want to take a peek behind-the-scenes.
Please click on the links below to go to individual blog posts detailing each item.
- Getting the boss to say ‘Yes!’
- Conducting a feasibility study
- Preparing the budget
- Creating a website
- Scheduling & Programming
- Securing sponsors & exhibitors
- Employing student helpers
- Communicating using mass email tools
- Advertising the event
- Preparing the venue
- Preparing the presentation rooms
- During the conference
- Social events and networking opportunities
- Post conference debrief and feedback